Resolutions. Those simple standards we set for ourselves every New Year, which never end up being so simple—or easy to keep. This year, I’m setting some New Year’s Resolutions that I know I can follow.
When it comes to making changes, every time I try to cut something out, like pop or fast food, I usually end up eating/drinking more pop and fast food than before I made the commitment. This year, I’m making changes in the two beauty departments that I know can use some work, and where I know I won’t let myself down—hair and skin care.
Yes, hair and skin care—two “simple” things, but things that often get neglected in our daily routine, not to mention our resolutions. Here are 6 hair and skin beauty resolutions that I’m setting for myself this year.
- Make sure to get my hair trimmed every 3-months. I’ve been trying to grow my hair out now for a little over a year, and what’s helped to keep it healthy is regular trims. I just need to stay on top of it!
- Use a hair care regimen daily. The cool thing about the Yes To Carrots products is they have regimens for every hair type. Dry, color-processed, hair that needs an overhaul… they’ve got it all. My favorite daily product is the Yes To Carrots Pampering Hair Care Regimen. It’s simple, it smells fresh, and it’s great for daily use.
- Stay away from colors, highlights, and processing. In October of 2011, I began a year-long “no hair processing” challenge for myself, called Bye Bye Beehive. I finished it in 2012, and I decided I still was going to stay away from color processing. It’s made a huge difference in making my hair healthy!
- Wash my face every single night before bed. I am terrible about going to sleep with my mascara on after a long, hard day.
- Exfoliate my face at least once a week. I’ve never been able to find a facial scrub that works without irritating my face, until I discovered the NEW Yes To Grapefruit Daily Facial Scrub. I don’t use it daily, but I keep it in the shower and include it in my routine at least once or twice a week.
- Moisturize after every shower. Living in Idaho, I’m prone to very dry skin. Often, I skip putting on lotion or body butter right after the shower. I’m changing that in 2013. I have just about every Yes To Carrots, Cucumbers, Blueberries and the NEW Grapefruit body creme product, and I take my pick from all of them depending on what I need most. I always recommend a good lotion application after every shower, and this year, I’m taking my own advice!
I don’t know about you, but those are 6 resolutions that I won’t only keep, but I’ll adopt into a daily routine for the rest of my life. For me, it’s always easier to add things in than to cut things out, so in 2013, say YES to resolutions, YES to adding in body and hair-loving products, and say YES to a brand new, more beautiful YOU!
Here are other places you can find me: